XIII
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ABSORBING OTHER ALLIANCES

+7
Mjölnr
Aaror
willus
gate98
eLL
TheExecutor
The Fat Man
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

ABSORBING OTHER ALLIANCES Empty ABSORBING OTHER ALLIANCES

Post  The Fat Man Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:04 pm

I personally think that we, being a very large alliance, should go on a campaign to try to recruit whole other alliances along with individuals

what i am talking about is trying to convince the very very small alliances (the ones with only a few low point members) to join us

i dont necessarily know all of the pros and cons of this but at least it would save time

tell me what u think Very Happy Shocked drunken cheers santa santa scratch geek jocolor lol!

The Fat Man
Tribuni Angusticlavii
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Back to top Go down

ABSORBING OTHER ALLIANCES Empty Re: ABSORBING OTHER ALLIANCES

Post  TheExecutor Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:36 pm

I think we should be careful about how we recruit. While having numbers is nice, we must 1) have a structure in place that can handle so many people and 2) ensure that all members are doing their part. with an alliance this big, it is easy to not contribute and get away with it. we should be more strict with people who are not really participating and just freeloading off our name.
TheExecutor
TheExecutor
Discens
Discens

Back to top Go down

Post  eLL Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:31 am

I agree with TheExecutor about being cautious,one of the things that we should be careful is that,we don't want a new member or new alliance who just freeloading & doesn't active much coz it's just wasting the space we're having,even now i'm happy enough seeing members being active in the forum more than in the circ msgs box Laughing lol!
eLL
eLL
Munifex
Munifex

Back to top Go down

Post  TheExecutor Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:50 am

I suggest that when we initially recruit new members, we put them through a two week trial period, where we monitor their commitment and activity closely. If they prove themselves to be eager to learn and participate with our alliance, then we accept them as a full member. If not... well you get the idea.
TheExecutor
TheExecutor
Discens
Discens

Back to top Go down

Post  eLL Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:12 am

Should we be informing them about the 2week trial period or not?because as u can see if we suddenly 'kick' them out it doesn't make sense to them for just started in the alliance & it might become a problem as in informing other people that our alliance is darn arrogant and have a very strict requirement to join ^^;;; just giving opinion tho
eLL
eLL
Munifex
Munifex

Back to top Go down

Post  gate98 Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:40 pm

One problem with this is that jgeo needs to have high enough level embassys to accept new players.
gate98
gate98
Munifex
Munifex

Back to top Go down

Post  willus Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:57 pm

i have for a long time offered entire allainces into our allaince

the record stands of the 23 different allainces i offered entry into the allaince

0 joined
they all expresssed interest but when i came up with a follow up a day or so later there replys were firmly NO

its easy to have an indiviudal join our ranks but to offer an established allaince an opertunity to abandon what they have to join us seems to be too big an obsticle to over come

i will continue to offer allainces entry into the legion and to strengthen her ranks but we can only hope for the best

willus

willus
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Back to top Go down

Post  eLL Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:20 am

wow..23 different alliance?well sadly to hear all of them rejected us..willus,did u even try ask them what reason that makes them change their mind?maybe we can use their idea a little a bit to improve our alliances as better alliances to how other alliances sees us
eLL
eLL
Munifex
Munifex

Back to top Go down

Post  TheExecutor Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:27 am

i suspect it has more to do with people just liking to keep the thing they founded or help founded. theres a certain pride and joy in being independent. joining us would mean giving up their name, their way of playing and having to take orders from some of our superiors. it's the same reason small or poor countries around the world aren't jumping up and down trying to get bigger, more prosperous countries to assimilate them. no matter how much your country is a piece of crap, its still YOUR piece of crap. anyhow, I think trying to assimilate other alliances will in general be pretty unsuccessful unless we get really lucky and find an alliance that is near falling apart and needs our leadership/protection. I think it will be more productive to just focus on single players.
TheExecutor
TheExecutor
Discens
Discens

Back to top Go down

ABSORBING OTHER ALLIANCES Empty two things I would like to see

Post  Aaror Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:45 am

1. If Jgeo could post the number of open slots we have for new members, that way we can tell if we should be recruiting or not.
2. Going around and finding a bunch of alliances to make defensive pacts with. Even VI would think twice about war with 10 alliances, even if they are all in the 20-40th on the alliance high score range rather than TAX.

Aaror
Tribuni Angusticlavii
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Back to top Go down

Post  Mjölnr Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:03 pm

The Fat Man wrote:I personally think that we, being a very large alliance, should go on a campaign to try to recruit whole other alliances along with individuals

what i am talking about is trying to convince the very very small alliances (the ones with only a few low point members) to join us

i dont necessarily know all of the pros and cons of this but at least it would save time

tell me what u think Very Happy Shocked drunken cheers santa santa scratch geek jocolor lol!

Guys , i have a proposal for you:
Let's kick all inactive players from our alliance, let's make the cleaning to ouself and make room for more. Then let's go there and invite allainces members to join us: Let's invite the Blue members to be with us!!! Idea
Mjölnr
Mjölnr
Immunis
Immunis

Back to top Go down

ABSORBING OTHER ALLIANCES Empty Inactive players and recruiting

Post  figaro1010 Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:53 pm

I definitely think we should kick inactives. You can send the guy an email telling him why he was kicked, and if he comes back to ask to be re-admitted. It makes us look bad to have inactives still wearing our tag.

As far as recruiting other alliances? I don't think we should. If you look at our rankings in total ranks, it looks like we are doing well. But if you look at our average ranks, then reality kicks in. I think we should concentrate on making the players we have stronger instead of looking for new members, unless they will add something significant to the alliance. I think 100 members is plenty. ;P

figaro1010
Munifex
Munifex

Back to top Go down

Post  Mjölnr Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:49 pm

yeah..I was refering to the players with at least 80000 points..we need to emulate palace with the officers not the plebeians. Wink
Mjölnr
Mjölnr
Immunis
Immunis

Back to top Go down

Post  Nikodemus Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:27 pm

Maybe assimilation of smaller alliances is not the best offer for reasons noted previously?

Perhaps these smaller alliances can be the core of a handful of regional wing alliances?

Its something less than assimilation and something more than a mutual defense pact...

Nikodemus
Munifex
Munifex

Back to top Go down

Post  Aaror Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:23 pm

Nikodemus wrote:Maybe assimilation of smaller alliances is not the best offer for reasons noted previously?

Perhaps these smaller alliances can be the core of a handful of regional wing alliances?

Its something less than assimilation and something more than a mutual defense pact...

I concur, actually I was going to suggest something similar, I just never got around to it.
There are some great regional alliances near our more distant members, a mutual defence pact with them would give them heavy hitters, and us local support.
Of course 3.1 will help us defend distant allies-making mobile colonies less useful!!!
(3.1 will bring back military treaties the way we remember them, and also allow you to station troops in an ally's city to defend indefinitely. They also will fix occupation!

Aaror
Tribuni Angusticlavii
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Back to top Go down

Post  Mjölnr Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:27 pm

I would like to ask our high officers to consider an invitation for military treaty to SMA alliance. Today one of their member helped me to get through a bloody war against Duke Hunsy (-MG-) and I am really appreciating their help. I have signed a military treaty with Gary from SMA. But I think there is much to do between our alliances. I'am thinking of inviting them to join our alliance. They are just 3 members but great characters and very good experience. Please offer them something for my sake sake and the wealth of our Legion.

thanks,
Mjölnr
Mjölnr
Mjölnr
Immunis
Immunis

Back to top Go down

Post  Howard Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:57 pm

It's not much of absorb as merge alliances. Absorb would mean something close to hostile...and no one wants that... or do they?
Howard
Howard
Immunis
Immunis

http://integrity.forummotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  Mjölnr Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:09 pm

Howard wrote:It's not much of absorb as merge alliances. Absorb would mean something close to hostile...and no one wants that... or do they?

No Howard of course not. I have utmost respect for small alliances. They are made by friends from real life and they have a good managment, they stick toghether, representing a compact mass of colonies. I believe they can bring much more in a bigger alliance and you could rely on them in a defined area. I think that compact alliances are better than huge but spread out alliances. Our allaince idea is to be divided in smaller teams according to their area of establishment. I would like such a team in my area. Being alone makes me vulnerable to attacks. I hope to bring some friends in our alliance and to increase the elements of cohesion. I like to see an island belonging to one Alliance. Imagine the power and the economical advantages they represent.
Mjölnr
Mjölnr
Immunis
Immunis

Back to top Go down

Post  Howard Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:15 pm

Very true... however I doubt that any more powerful alliances or any that have more than 30 members would consider merging.
Howard
Howard
Immunis
Immunis

Back to top Go down

Post  Mjölnr Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:50 pm

Howard wrote:Very true... however I doubt that any more powerful alliances or any that have more than 30 members would consider merging.

so you think that just a military treaty will be enough?

my view is that an alliance could be oversized by small players but never by the stronger ones.
Let me translate: I prefer Gary of SMA with a military score above 3000 and good experience than 30 players with a military score of 100. I know that some day they will grow but if they are not developing and you know that many abandon the game when they are weak... I see no other choice than making room for those that matter
Mjölnr
Mjölnr
Immunis
Immunis

Back to top Go down

Post  Howard Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:21 am

However those 30 people with 100 generals score have at least 60 towns if not more. If those were to constantly expand you would have more than Gary in a month or 2
Howard
Howard
Immunis
Immunis

Back to top Go down

Post  Mjölnr Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:35 pm

Howard wrote:However those 30 people with 100 generals score have at least 60 towns if not more. If those were to constantly expand you would have more than Gary in a month or 2

of course! this is supposed to happen.... i'm just giving the credentials to Gary for the time being. I trust he will stay and play more than new-commers will do. I'd like to have more strong and experienced players than rookies. I don't like when someone joins the game (an alliance too) and then they go in vacancy mode. I just hate to see cities of level one with that green palm tree. And they stay like that for weeks. maybe I like to much this game and this is why I got so obssesed with it.

But I will agree on something: new players keep alive an alliance. When they grow big they loose some of the interest. They should be motivated by something: roles (ranks) and wars. I can't see any other reasons.

Howard, I don't think you are a member of our alliance. Who are you?

Last edited by Mjölnr on Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mjölnr
Mjölnr
Immunis
Immunis

Back to top Go down

Post  Aaror Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:52 pm

Howard is part of the integrity alliance-and yes, they do try to stand for their name.
Good guys to have on our side if they ever choose to help us, since they and we both believe alliances should protect members against attacks, and not just provide cover for bullies...
Not that I am referring to any particular alliance (cough, monkey gods, cough), sorry, had a monkey, I mean frog, in my throat.

Aaror
Tribuni Angusticlavii
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Back to top Go down

Post  Howard Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:47 am

Very Happy

Anyways. Do any of you have wars to be fought? I can have 200 PWRS in 2 days or so or 1,000 phalanxes (or the equivalent) to help.

There's been no fighting around me recently.
Howard
Howard
Immunis
Immunis

Back to top Go down

Post  Mjölnr Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:44 pm

Howard wrote:Very Happy

Anyways. Do any of you have wars to be fought? I can have 200 PWRS in 2 days or so or 1,000 phalanxes (or the equivalent) to help.

There's been no fighting around me recently.

For me is always a war to be fight! Now there is this guy who attacked me unprovoked. His is a tough player due to his class and history but still... Where are you from, Howard? What're your coords? Maybe you are close to me ?! Smile
Mjölnr
Mjölnr
Immunis
Immunis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum