XIII
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Operation Scorpion

+2
TheExecutor
Aaror
6 posters

Go down

Operation Scorpion Empty Operation Scorpion

Post  Aaror Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:10 pm

So far three different alliances have told me, after one of their members has attacked one of ours, that "your member obviously had too little defence for his goods."
In at least two of those cases it was obviously BS since we fought off the attack. However, it appears that many alliances consider one of theirs attacking one of ours ok, but I don't think they would stand by while we did a whole alliance retaliation, and we don't need a war. So I would like to propose operation scorpion for our members who are attacked and want revenge. It works like this:
Member attacked (MA) turns off all resource production except wine, sulphur, and a little wood, building up a gold "war chest." MA also may turn off science. Meanwhile, members with a higher score send MA wood and sulphur. MA creates phalanx in the city/cities with high level barracks, until MA has a general score 30% of the person who attacked them (AT). Then MA produces assault ships in quantity, followed by attack troops in quantity. Once MA has double the general score of AT, he strikes.
AT may ask "why are you attacking me," response is "You attacked me a few weeks ago, it took a while to build up my army." Our diplomat tells their diplomat that since we did not respond when AT attacked MA, they should not respond when MA attacks AT. Once MA has destroyed AT, we tell members of friendly alliances that AT has no military, and they can raid him for resources if they want.
You know what, i am going to move this to the public part of the forums, I want everyone to know we have this strategy...

Aaror
Tribuni Angusticlavii
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Back to top Go down

Operation Scorpion Empty Re: Operation Scorpion

Post  TheExecutor Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:13 pm

Wait, if we are allowed to defend the MA, why don't we just have the MA focus solely on offense while the rest of the alliance defends him? Wouldn't that allow the MA to build up faster?
TheExecutor
TheExecutor
Discens
Discens

Back to top Go down

Post  Aaror Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:25 pm

TheExecutor wrote:Wait, if we are allowed to defend the MA, why don't we just have the MA focus solely on offense while the rest of the alliance defends him? Wouldn't that allow the MA to build up faster?
Good point...
Of course, that depends on whether military/garrison treaties now work, and the MA would need 2 DP per city defended for the treaties, but it would definitely work.

Aaror
Tribuni Angusticlavii
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Back to top Go down

Post  Mjölnr Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:48 pm

Guys, i wish to receive the role of MA. I really want to payback Duke Hunsy. I'll try my best to transform my colonies in fortresses
Mjölnr
Mjölnr
Immunis
Immunis

Back to top Go down

Post  ntstation Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:25 pm

Btw is the issue of goods disappear been fixed on u Mjölnr?

ntstation
Discens
Discens

Back to top Go down

Post  Mjölnr Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:31 pm

i had several...i guess 7-8 shhipments lost. but only from pillaging.
the goods transfer between colonies works. buying goods also.
it looks I have been cut on pillaging. i'm trying now to pillage sending army from another colony not the one defended by allies fleets.
Mjölnr
Mjölnr
Immunis
Immunis

Back to top Go down

Post  Howard Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:02 am

If anyone is attacked count me in for the retaliation and defense committee.
Howard
Howard
Immunis
Immunis

http://integrity.forummotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  Mjölnr Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:27 am

Howard wrote:If anyone is attacked count me in for the retaliation and defense committee.

And your military score is....?
Mjölnr
Mjölnr
Immunis
Immunis

Back to top Go down

Post  Howard Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:02 am

Zippo... I have 20 archers... soon to be gunmen... 20 phalanxes and 10 slingers at all 4 towns for basic defence. (Oh yea... and 1 flame ship each)

However... I can support a sizable army... I've also stockpiled gold. If you want it down in military score terms... I'm guessing somewhere between 4,000-6,000. But that's only if I stop all production and research. If I use all of that stockpile gold I can have 6,000-8,000 for brief periods... about 2-3 days.

It's 354 at the moment.
Howard
Howard
Immunis
Immunis

Back to top Go down

Post  Mjölnr Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:56 pm

Well I have near 2500 MS and I consider myself weak. But seeing your military score I guess I was right about you being rather a trader (merchant) than a warrior. Do you have more than 5 cities?
Mjölnr
Mjölnr
Immunis
Immunis

Back to top Go down

Post  eLLxJuB Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:03 pm

If im still using my old account i definitely will help u Mjölnr, now im just a weak guy who's just trying to survive in the new island im staying now..anyways are ur war still going,Mjölnr?i mean with this DUKE guy
eLLxJuB
eLLxJuB
Discens
Discens

Back to top Go down

Post  Howard Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:43 pm

I don't really see the point of 5 cities... I'm at the point where 434 marble per hour is enough for a day.

However I only have a total score of 30,000 and I consider that military score quite good. =]

I more of a military person than a trade. However I've been spending the last week or so upgrading my academies and maxing out crystal so I can just buy the researches using glass.

I'm working on upgrading all of my GOV residences again so I can have a mobile ready. I can't do much but I'll do waht I can =] Plus I'm bored... I've been loking foward to a little war.
Howard
Howard
Immunis
Immunis

Back to top Go down

Post  Mjölnr Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:09 pm

I am at cold war now with Duke Hunsy! I need SG to add to my army and then I will be able to retaliate.
My army is good now but I want more to do with it... so before I 'll launch the attack on MG guy I shall test my army on something... preferably something with goods to pillage
Mjölnr
Mjölnr
Immunis
Immunis

Back to top Go down

Post  Howard Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:14 pm

Oh! Try me! I could land my mobile then put 5,000 of each resource in it! Then I could send some troops!

Sorry... just thought of something. In INT we have a system of groups. These groups would be listed on the alliance forums.

The groups would consist of players who are reletively close and can defend each other easily. Making one would help you guys a lot. Then if someone were to come under attack you could simply look at his/her group number and call on the other group members for help.
Howard
Howard
Immunis
Immunis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum